1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah ... no.

2. doctorquant

I'm defending the right of insurance companies to offer insurance.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How about you offer something besides your usual smug evasiveness for a change?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Spicer didn't take questions during today's media briefing.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Funny. I had never ever heard of Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann, didn't know him from Alfred E. Neumann, didn't know him from diddly. (Or Bo Diddley or P. Diddy.)

But I googled him up and sure enough, he looked EXACTLY -- precisely -- the way I expected him to look.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sorry, couldn't resist:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Mulvaney showed us again why he is a bigger tool than Spicey.

9. doctorquant

Well, that's my best pitch ...

You don't honestly believe kids go to bed hungry because they're priced out. If you do, you are sadly, sadly misinformed.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, actually, I expected him to look like Father Gibbons, the crotchety grumpy grouchy priest in "Change of Habit," (the Elvis/Mary Tyler Moore movie), who shits bricks over the newfangled shameless hussy nuns wearing scandalous knee-length dresses and appealing to the scum of the earth parishioners with their cha-cha spanish music (and of course the hippy dippy stuff with Dr. Elvis), and demands to have the sinful sluts removed from his parish.

And guess what: Sure enough, he does!!

Can't find any stills of Toomey from "CoH," but basically he looks like this, with horn-rimmed glasses.

[​IMG]

Grouchy grumpy craggy crusty wheezing wobbling old white boy. Fucker's nine years older than me and looks about 30.

Not that I am some glorious young Adonis, but Naumann is obviously one of these fuckers who turned 63 years old on his 41st birthday and will look like it the next 50 years.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. I honestly believe kids go to bed hungry for no good reason at all.

And we are an incredibly wasteful society, for no good reason at all.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I figure that most children who go to bed hungry do so because of some variety of bad parenting. That said, the idea of a five, six, seven year old child who does not get enough to eat is painful. Most of us as kids made fun of the quality of school lunches, but there really are kids for whom that is the *good* meal of the day.

cyclingwriter2 and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.