1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

But she is white, so you must be torn.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What gave you the impression I want those schmucks around? I mean, McCain at least still holds elective office, but the other three can fuck right off, too.

If Hillary gets treated differently, it's solely because she lost to one of the biggest national embarrassments in our history.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If you're gonna align yourself with the It's Not My Fault Party, get on board!

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Normally, this thread does nothing but raise my blood pressure, but props to whoever made reference to Gerald Ford earlier, which prompted a Wikipedia and YouTube rabbit hole down which I am still traveling. Though I am not a Republican, I have always held respect for President Ford's example of decency and service. He's always done my home state proud.

We now return to our regularly scheduled feces-throwing match, already in progress.

Inky_Wretch and SpeedTchr like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A great man. There's a PBS doc about his life that every American should watch.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ford was a big part of the Warren Commission cover up story.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think Thomas Dewey found a role as elder statesman/kingmaker after his loss to Truman ... odd to think of that happening in this day and age.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

A great man, and also delicious.

Hermes likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Over on the lawyersgunsmoney.com site, one of the posters visited the Ford museum. You probably won't care for his very lefty take, but some amazing pictures posted.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

In a perfectly free market you are right. But BYMII refers to state insurance commissions in his posts. State insurance commissions frequently create high risk pools that are subsidized by low risk groups. Another example is that Obamacare limits the difference insurance companies can charge younger and older applicants, which in this case means the younger customers are subsiding the older customers. So governments frequently interfere in markets in ways that lead to subsidization of high-risk groups by low risk groups. If you want to argue that these cross-subsidies are not market driven but government driven you would be correct but the reality on the street is that cross-subsidies exist.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yet another today's GOP quote. Asked by reporters what his position is on the new Trumpcare bill, Rep. Darrell Issa says "none of your business." What a charmer. You know, there are plenty of decent normal conservative Republicans. There are more than one on this board. Why do GOP voters go for complete assholes to represent their views? Is it the bad boy syndrome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.