1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Getting pissy in print about a story of a child almost dying is always going to make you look like an asshole. Emotion is going to win out every time in such a case.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Also now known as the Ja Rule defense.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I didn't read BYM's post that way, but in the interest of board peace -- and because Pitt beat Clemson last fall -- I will stipulate such. And, yes, I am aware of this interference of which you speak. My position is that the more interference there is, the less what's being sold is insurance and the more it's ... something else.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Should he take questions? Absolutely. But what a fucking embarrassment that reaction is.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who is Charles Hurt?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When AnnCoulter shaves her pubes, her ball sack looks like Sean Spicer

Killick likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

How terrible to use a real-life situation to make a point. Good lord, that's the way it works.

Many republicans have changed their views on gay rights after learning they have gay family members.

Hearing about, or having, a gravely ill infant or other family member face death due to lack of health care changes minds.

And hopefully this awful republican health plan will never pass.

Take what we've got and make it better. Compromise. The ACA is more popular than it's ever been.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Agreed. The GOP should come out and say, Look, the ACA has issues, primarily pricing individuals and families out of proper coverage. However, it's not in our best interests to do away with it. We understand it's been helpful to many people as well. So let's work together and try to fix it. Of course, neither side has any interest in such a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.