1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alright. That's persuasive. They do make the argument, however, that the drugs improve lives. I think that's a reason to put it under the coverage umbrella, but opinions may vary.

Also, in the populations most affected by ACA and Medicaid, the cost relationship is different. That's where a lot of your behavioral health cases or combined behavioral/physical health. Social determinants of health, etc. And they take a large share of the pie.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Where are you getting this from? Try to go a shade deeper than "people voted for Trump."

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Did that just happen? Did someone actually consider, in good faith, an argument I made? Y'all are gonna have to excuse me while I process that. Oh, and hand me a tissue.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Why do Samantha Bee, her husband, cran, and Gee support Democrats who want rich people to have to put up with poor kids in local schools? Guess voting against their self interest is more noble.

6. doctorquant

I'm not immune to what one might refer to as the "hedonic" argument, which is that even if it doesn't necessarily change one's health story, simply knowing (or being confident) has some value. I, of course, am a contrarian ... I prefer to be ignorant and (sort of) worried.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

lol. YOU said that?

8. cisforkoke

Lint.

9. cisforkoke

OK. That first link is not exactly scientific proof. The NYT article has some evidence, but it also refers to some details that indicate more confusion about what the policy is called, rather than what it does.

Also, late-night comedy shows are not news. I'm sure a good 70-80 percent of people who post on this thread think otherwise, but that would be incorrect.

10. Riptide

Work it, Poo-Pants!

11. doctorquant

What? What!? WHAT!?!?!?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. Riptide

Cutting-edge commentary, dumbass.
    Usually delivered within hours. You don't get that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.