1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OK. Let me get this straight.
    Machado goes in cleats up on Petey. Gets one aimed at his grill.
    Machado hits one to hell and gone Monday night, promptly takes 28 seconds to get around the bases. Last night, gets one whizzed behind him again.
    [​IMG]
    Again, hits another one to the moon. 20+ seconds to round the bags again. Then, goes off on a fuck-filled tyrade against the Red Sox after the game.
    Psst......genius........you still have to play them again tonight and Thursday night.
    I think Holbrook warns everyone in the lineup exchange, then I think Machado gets one in the hip tonight, there will be a brawl and then it will be done.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Transcripted.

"Fucking bullshit. Fucking bullshit coward stuff. That’s stuff that you don’t fucking do. But I’m not on that side, I’m not in that organization. They’re still thinking about that same slide that I did that was no intention on hurting anybody and I’m still paying, I’m still trying to get hit at. Getting thrown at my fucking head, getting fucking thrown at everywhere. It’s fucking bullshit. I’ve lost mad respect for that organization, for that coaching staff, for everyone over there.

Pitchers out there with fucking balls in their hands, throwing 100 mph trying to hit people. And I’ve fucking got a bat too. I could go out there and crush somebody if I wanted to. But you know what, I’d get suspended for a year and the pitcher only gets suspended for two games. That’s not cool."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As "profanity-laced" goes, that's pretty mild. Tommy Lasorda, let alone Lee Elia, think standards have slipped.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's not wrong. I get throwing at a guy, though I don't agree with it, but you don't throw at his head.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Put one in my hip. I go to first. Done and over with.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Pedroia's nickname is Petey?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Meanwhile at batting practice

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Archie Bunker

Archie Bunker New Member

I wish Social Media was around when Mantle was taking BP.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

or when he was out after games

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If it is, he should denounce. Only one Petey allowed, and Pedro has it covered.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah and since Pedroia's brother is a pedo, it may not be the best nickname for him kind of similar sounding.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Almost anything is better than "Laser Show."

Draft saved Draft deleted