1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Keith Olbermann's GQ video rant today included tweets from two prominent GOP supporters who both heard that two grand juries were meeting and that one of them was about to bring charges. Get ya popcorn ready.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Comey's testifying today. You think the last couple of days have been a Trump circus? Just you wait. Comey's up again in a few days, plus Sally Yates' testimony.

I need more popcorn.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Romney stated that "gifts" to minorities from Obama were why he lost. On the record after the election. McCain was indeed gracious. I think it helps when as in his case, the loser knows it's a foregone conclusion well before election day. Winning the most votes and still losing is only possible in one election on earth and a tough pill to swallow.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ex-House intel chair: Russian meddling into 2016 election was 'wildly successful'

"Russia’s efforts to interfere with last year’s U.S. presidential election were “wildly successful,” former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers said Tuesday, and are still bearing fruit today in the form of continued infighting at the highest levels in Washington.

"Their purpose was to sow discontent and mistrust in our elections. They wanted us to be at each others' throat when it was over," Rogers said, according to Reuters, at a panel discussion hosted by Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. "It's influencing, I would say, legislative process today. That's wildly successful."

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Finally, a reason for the sudden ugliness in political discourse!

BTExpress likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Mrs. Trump liked the tweet that said the only wall Donald built is the one between him and FLOTUS.
    [​IMG]

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

NASTYYYYYY!! :eek::eek:

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

In one statement that wasn't his most gracious moment, granted. He is right that when the parties line up with one candidate threatening / promising to take away yyour stuff and the other promising to enhance / protect it, it will make winning the votes of the recipients challenging. I've been a one-issue voter in elections based on personal interest before. It's incredibly powerful.
    On the other hand, Gore & Clinton haven't stopped talking about everyone whose fault it was. I don't think that was the case from Romney.
    OK, I'll amend my statements to include some Democratic voters. It's annoying when your team gets more hits or gains more yards than the other team but still loses. I voted for Hillary and was rooting hard for her / against Trump. Starting with the night of the election when she left her supporters all night without a statement, to the statement she ultimately gave after keeping everyone waiting some more which everyone called gracious, but I couldn't find the grace. She is not doing herself or her legacy any favors with the finger-pointing.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm not all that interested in hearing from them either. I'd rather hear from somebody who actually has a vested interest in the next 40 years.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding. That's the reason behind my nobody-over-65 preference. I want the president to care about what the world will look like in 20 years. Preferably 40.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a coincidence that two of the sorest losers won the popular vote but not the Electoral College. I imagine that's a pretty hard pill to swallow. It seems to have less to do with party than with circumstances.

Hell, the sorest loser of them all now sits in the Oval Office. The President was calling the election rigged for weeks leading up to ballots being cast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.