1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And people are singing "Na, na, na, hey, hey goodbye" in the House chamber.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The difference is a pre-existing medical condition could and often does lead to a lifetime of maintenance and care.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't the Senate still have a place in our bicameral process? This is going to be a knee-slapper when the CBO scores the thing.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't wait till the CBO report comes back saying that this was a horrible bill and the House Republicans get to try to defend their votes. I'm not sure that "I voted to repeal Obamacare" will be sufficient defense against "You voted to stick me with shitty insurance, and it would have really screwed over grandma!".

5. MisterCreosote

Let's stop pretending the dickless cowards in the Senate will do anything but bend over and pass it too.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's hard to gerrymander a statewide election, though. A couple of them could feel the heat.

Jssst21 likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One issue is that if people lose their job, unless they're paying the expensive COBRA premiums, their insurance lapses, and under the GOP plan (unless it has just recently changed in the last few days ) those with pre-existing conditions would have to pay a lot more.

To use your analogy, if one gave up their homeowners coverage, and then had the hurricane, the company would then be charging you considerably more once you begin purchasing coverage again because you now have a pre-existing condition of having a home that was hit by a hurricane.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They'll tack on a shitload of amendments and get it passed. It might not even be too horrible once they're done with it. Maybe.

10. MisterCreosote

"The CBO is full of lying libtard pussies."

There. Done.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Senate will pass SOMETHING. But it won't be this. My best guess is that the stuff that affects non-poor folks will go, and the Medicaid cuts and tax cuts will stay.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, if you have insurance, and you stop paying the premiums (or whoever was paying the premiums stops paying), you are no longer insured. That is how ACTUAL insurance (not the fantasy it has been turned into to avoid discussing the entitlements people want) works.

And news flash: Let's say you have a home that is in a high-risk flood zone, you are going to have a bitch of a time getting flood insurance or if you can, you are going to pay a lot for it. THAT is the analogy, not your strained attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.