1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So they brought a truckload of beer over to the Capitol for the victory party. Cases of Bud Light visible. Wonder if anyone got tape of that. Because if they did, we'll be seeing it a lot next fall.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Should have gone with a microbrew. They could have sewn up the hipster vote for the next decade.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Guns. Guns. Guns. 300 million guns. The possibilities are awesome.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But if I have a home in a high-risk flood zone, I already was paying a lot for the insurance. The difference is, though, is that the insurance company now is punishing you for not having insurance when you had a hurricane because now they consider that non-payment to be a pre-existing condition. If I had insurance, they still might have raised rates, but they wouldn't be able to refuse to insure or increase my rate beyond what they already would have just because I had a gap in insurance.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

McConnell says the Senate will wait on the CBO score before taking any votes on the House bill.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Bud Light. Seems appropriate. Screw the people and buy American!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the entire Republican conference is going to get shit faced off of this much beer:

[​IMG]

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does anyone expect McConnell to cross Trump, though. Really?

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of crossing or not crossing. It's getting 50 votes for whatever he wants. Look at how long it took the House Republicans to get there. And the Senate moves more slowly on almost everything.
    Look, McConnell knows what we all know. Trump doesn't know what's in the bill. He won't know what's in it when and if an altered one passes the Senate. McConnell has to decide how much of the bill he wants and how much he thinks is bad for his majority.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, because it has to. The rules of debate (read: reconciliation) can't be set until the CBO scores it.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.