1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Riiight. Democrats are the ones piling into buses to go to a celebration party at the White House.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Give him a break ... he got confused and was guarding the nuclear soccer ball.

And I blame soccer for this post.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Would Starman's extremely unhealthy obsession with oral sex and incest be considered pre-existing conditions? Will he have to pay for his own rubber room under this bill?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Philip Klein of the Washington Examiner, well-connected conservative health care guy, reports Senate Republicans are planning to write their own bill. That means it has to be scored by CBO, judged by parliamentarian and passed. THEN the two bills go to conference committee, then whatever comes out of that has to pass both houses. That'll all take awhile. If Klein's right, this is boiling down to McConnell vs. Ryan. Who ya got there? I'd have to go with Mitch.

5. HanSenSE

I don't think so. At least as written. I'm sure Ryan's plan all along was to pass something so he could say he did (for the valuable GOP man points, plus double stamps because it was done on Thursday) and let the Senate rip it to shreds, er, draft something sensible. He then gets to blame the Senate on the campaign trail.

EDIT: Gee beat me to it.

6. Michael_ Gee

Dave Weigel of the Post tweets that if nothing else happens and the bill never becomes law, 40 percent of Trump's voters will still think he repealed Obamacare. He's right. And I bet Trump would say it himself.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

Trump not understand a bill has to pass the House and Senate? Unpossible.

8. Michael_ Gee

Another story in the Washington Examiner says 12 Republican Senators have been meeting for weeks to think about, but not draft, possible legislation they will write on their own.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes. Just like the ACA did in the first place.

A few dickless cowards will hem and haw for a few weeks before falling in line and doing what they're told.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haha.

These are great. I love how the same folks who were so smart when they voted for Obama are now so dumb, once they voted for Trump.

I hope the media keeps telling us how dumb Trump voters are.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

False. Note trend continuing through 2015. Try again.
    Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.59.15 PM.png

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

@MisterCreosote wishes he wrote this.

I'll just mark George down as still being in the #NeverTrump column.

It is urgent for Americans to think and speak clearly about President Trump’s inability to do either. This seems to be not a mere disinclination but a disability. It is not merely the result of intellectual sloth but of an untrained mind bereft of information and married to stratospheric self-confidence.

MisterCreosote likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.