1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Most people have no idea what they are voting for. Just need a campaign slogan that says the last guy sucked and I'll do better in a catchy, yet meaningless way. It's worked for both parties.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Plenty of folks at the Washington Post?

The NYTimes and the WaPo didn't give a fuck what voters in voters in Canton, Michigan, and Oak Creek, Wisconsin (where the focus groups were conducted) thought as long as they were voting democratic.

Hillary didn't give a fuck about them to the point where she didn't even go to their states and ask them for their votes, because it was assumed they'd vote for her.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump doesn't care about them either. But he did a better job of hiding his disdain for them.

6. YankeeFan

Link?

7. YankeeFan

He cared enough to ask them for their vote.

QYFW likes this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ah. There it is: We're back to Clintons.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are many things you have been trying to distract attention from in your desperation to defend all things Republican.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look, the campaigning thing is just a myth for the Clinton haters. She lost states where she campaigned extensively, namely, Pa., Fla. and N.C., as well as states where she didn't. Trump didn't campaign in many states he lost, and he lost some where he campaigned extensively, like Nev. and N.H. So give it a rest. As President, Trump is the only one of the two in position to go ahead and break very explicit campaign promises, which he wants to do. That's the issue now.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Read past the first sentence before firing off your defense of Trump. As I wrote, he did a better job of hiding his disdain for them.

Of course, he didn't hide it before he was running for office.

''My entire life, I've watched politicians bragging about how poor they are, how they came from nothing, how poor their parents and grandparents were. And I said to myself, if they can stay so poor for so many generations, maybe this isn't the kind of person we want to be electing to higher office. How smart can they be? They're morons.”

So, yeah, damn him with the faintest of praise for debasing himself just a smidge to ask them for their vote - while not giving a rat's ass about whether his policies will hurt them or their children.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Drama queens around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.