1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's just be clear. The AHCA doesn't define rape, or any of these other situations as a pre-existing condition.

[​IMG]

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Pre-Obamacare rape survivors who sought treatment for their injuries could be denied health care later on. Under Obamacare, preexisting conditions were guaranteed to receive coverage — among them, sexual assault. The American Health Care Act is going to change that.

The new MacArthur-Meadows Amendment will allow states to discriminate based on medical history, reportedly without addressing the subsequent high cost of health care for millions of Americans.

In addition to rape, postpartum depression, cesarean sections, and surviving domestic violence are all considered preexisting conditions. Companies can also deny coverage for gynecological services and mammograms."

In Trump’s America, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

3. YankeeFan

I wonder if journalists will become concerned about "unmasking" once they realize that the Obama administration targeted them, along with Trump, and other Republican candidates.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Well, I can tell you that, generally speaking, you want to avoid red states.

In the 24 states that voted for both proud sexual predator Donald Trump and his his predecessor, Mitt Romney, there were 34.575 reported rapes per 100,000 residents according to this report. That's 30 percent higher than the 26.533 per 100K in the 21 states that voted for the Democrat in the past two elections.

In just the 2016 election, 11 of the top 13 rape states voted for Trump.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yes, when it comes to a major healthcare bill, it's great to be as vague as possible. I'm sure the insurance companies will do the right thing!

6. YankeeFan

You're kidding, right?

7. YankeeFan

I'm still trying to figure out -- based on the post you replied to -- if you were trying to imply that Republicans were singing goodbye to Obamacare.

Because, it sounded like you were criticizing the celebration, and lack of decorum.

When, of course, it turns out, that it was Dems who were singing, suggesting that Republicans would lose seats based on the vote.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Doing it back to cis is not the same thing. Sorry that escaped you. I thought you were sharper than this.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sure. Forget about the fact the ACA as popular as ever and a majority of Americans wants to see it improved and not repealed.

Again, good luck to republicans selling this piece of shit and defending their yes vote. You don't seem to have much of an opinion on that.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This is it, you know. This is Trump.

I had a lousy designer once, on what had been a great section for years, and then it was time to do a redesign. She could handle the production end, but she had no real talent as a designer. So her only capable concept for a redesign was to do the exact opposite of everything done by the designer who came before her. The result was horrible, of course, and everyone knew it but her. And the product died pretty quickly in the months after that, but I was long gone by then.

All the great things done in the past, ruined and unraveled within days and weeks.

This is Fucko. This is Fucko's concept of a national redesign.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You don't say that at all, which is demonstrated by your repeated claims that it is over when it clearly is not.

But thank you for adding to the mountain of evidence demonstrating that you are a hypocrite.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The ACHA brings back annual and all time spending caps on coverage. Spin that positively for someone who has a child with cancer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.