1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wade? Why, she's jumping in with both feet!

This will be her political vehicle to keep her active, ahead of her 2020 run for president!

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Do you ever ... and I mean EVER ... read anything that hasn't already been run through the progressive wringer?

3. YankeeFan

Who's hateful, bitter, selfish or prickish?

My wife and I talk every day about how lucky we are. I don't know that we'd have the strength that some of these other families have.

Our daughter is thriving. She makes progress every day, and her long term prognosis remains good.

And we certainly aren't wishing illness on anyone, like you did.

And, btw, I also haven't offered one bit of praise for the AHCA. I have no idea if it will be an improvement -- and despite all the scare tactics, neither does anyone else.

And, of course it's an embarrassment the way they went about passing it, with no debate, and no time to read the bill.

But let's also stop pretending like Obamacare was the greatest thing ever. Like it wasn't sold through lies, and passed in a way that was shameful.

Let's remember that it didn't lower premiums, and that plenty of folks lost their doctor and their plan.

Batman likes this.
  4. doctorquant

Nah ... you'd already been in that place for years.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm ...

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Fair enough, maybe.

Now answer your PM, dummy.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Obamacare insures that my wife can get insurance without being gouged. That my daughters won't be denied insurance if the insurance companies decide that since their mother had breast cancer they would be risks. Obamacare means no cap on lifetime benefits. So my wife's next cancer octane woukd be covered. All trumpcare does is let insurance companies make more money and business owners fuck their employees

8. YankeeFan

And, to the poster who PM'd me to tell me to, "get off the cross," if you'd like to share your experience with the group, go right ahead.

I've never claimed to be anything other than extremely lucky.

Somehow, to some, that's also supposed to mean I must sing the praises of Obamacare. And, I must be thankful to our former Dear Leader for proving for us.

And, that I have no idea what poor families, facing similar, or worse, circumstances are going through.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. doctorquant

You can't be this stupid.

10. YankeeFan

Well, I didn't realize that while I wrote my last reply that you would out yourself as the author of the PM.

11. doctorquant

@Riptide is the exemplar of the kinder, gentler America we'd have if only those nasty conservatives would die in a fire.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You are right. I'm not. Trumpcare will increase premiums deductibles and copays for equivalent Obamacare coverage. What trumpcare will do is allow insurance companies to sell barebones policies cheaper, but equivalent policies will be more expensive. Instead of broader pools to balance the risks it will be narrow and screw middle America

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.