1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The Frommunda cheese in that diagram would be the floating crust of posters here who lack any clue about what they are assessing.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lint.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good for her. I also have keratoconus, though one eye was far worse than the other. As you mentioned, the eyes don't always deteriorate at the same rate, so I've only needed the surgery on one eye so far. Of course, my insurance initially refused to cover the surgery. My doctor said insurance companies often try to push back on the procedure until confronted with the fact that the patient will go blind without it. He was right. They gave in and I've got a dead guy's cornea in m right eye.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Polyester.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't think that Trump could get 50% on a yes/no quiz on the details of the ACHA.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Cong. Labrador (R-Id.) -- "Nobody dies from a lack of access to health care." I didn't put the first name in because I'm not sure if it's Buddy or Suzie. But it'll come right to you if you hold up a piece of liverwurst.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The first time she had it, it was like an organ transplant in that she had to wait on the right tissue type. Two years later (as I recall), there was none of that. There'd arrived some new anti-rejection medication that made all of that moot.

There's kind of an amusing these-are-the-times-we-live-in bookend to that story. So the condition can return even with the transplanted corneas, and sure enough, a few years ago her doctor started making noises about her needing another transplant. Only problem is sissy-poo wasn't exactly gainfully employed (hasn't been for years) and didn't have any health insurance. The doctor, assuming my mother wasn't inclined to come off the hip for the $15K to $25K (she wasn't), said, and continued to say, "Well, it's really not necessary at this time." Then a couple of years ago my mother fought through all the red tape and confusion to get sissy-poo an exchange policy. Bang! Once that doctor saw she had coverage, that surgery went from "maybe later" to "this has got to be done right now!" Wow, doc, what changed?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

His prospects of getting paid. Funny how that works.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think the only U.S. Attorney and federal judges he's really concerned about are the appointments in Manhattan. You can bet that those will be thoroughly vetted and hand picked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.