1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That'd never happen under single payer.

QYFW likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are you that clueless and paranoid or is the desperation to attack the other side just that overwhelming to you? This one really is ridiculous even by your standards.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does President Trump?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh noes! The peasants are coming for your monies!

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12 people live in Sweden.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They don't. But is this better? Is your solution, whatever that is, better? The rollicking, unencunbered market is a magic bullet?

Nothing's perfect.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. Might suck for the unwashed masses, but doc's got his, so surely it will work out fine for him.

Riptide likes this.
  8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I was responding to the post that said the American Democratic party would turn the United States into anther Venezuela if given unfettered poser. YF says if liberals had "unfettered" power in the United States they would ahave adopted the policies of Venezuela. Maybe the liberal party of the United States, the Democrats, never had "unfettered" power to impose Venezuelan governance on the population of the United States because most of the time when they controlled both the executive and legislative branch part of their coalition was made up of Southern conservatives. So I used Sweden, where the sentiments of the population are further left than in the United States, as an example of a country that has been generally run by leftists that have fully stocked supermarkets.

I believe everything I said was true and really don't understand where you are coming from when you. Every medical system allocates resources, including Venezuela's.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's not just the left, it's the majority of the population, and they want the price controls during a natural disaster to prevent gouging.

10. doctorquant

Listen, if all you're interested in arguing about about is how we go about picking the guy (or gal) in the suit, I'm not sure the whole idea of "better" is even a consideration.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm sure the federal government would run a health care system that is equal parts efficient and affordable.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. doctorquant

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I work for the government (true), so I have great health insurance (also true), which is why ... my selfishness leads me to fervently hope (and work) for a transition away from insurance as a primary means of financing health care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.