1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Anybody ever seen pitcher get hit by batted balls from consecutive hitters?

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Multiple reamings usually occur in SoCal.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Mariners lose their third starting pitcher as James Paxton is DL'd with a forearm injury in his pitching arm. He was off to a great start this year [/fantasylooser].

Sure seems like there are a lot of pitchers already injured this season.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seems like more injuries in general, but especially pitchers. Part of that is the 10-day DL. Teams are putting guys on the DL when they might have waited out the injury in the past because they can return sooner.

Part of it is just a hell of a lot of pitchers getting hurt.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Heck of a win by the Yankees today. They blew several scoring opportunities early on and looked dead in the water. But Headley singled and Ellsbury drew a two-out walk before Gardner jacked a 2-2 pitch over the wall in right for a 3-2 lead. Chapman worked around a leadoff two-base error by Headley and the Yanks improbably pulled out a 3-2 win.

I was fairly surprised to see Pineda pitch so well against a potent Cubs lineup. Yankees' starting pitching as a whole has been far better than I expected it to be (or expect it to remain). But if they can keep it up for another six to eight weeks, I think Cashman will make try to make a move to shore up the rotation.

Guy_Incognito and cjericho like this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good point ... with the 10-day DL, in theory a pitcher could miss just two starts. I think that basically happened with Tampa Bay's Jake Odorizzi earlier this year.

But in Paxton's case — an arm injury, plus his potential as a staff ace — I'm sure the Mariners will be very cautious about bringing him back right away.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

We should be worried that the San Fernando Valley is venturing so far south

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bucs have allowed only 26 homers.