1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

BTW, how worried is Trump about Sally Yates that he's now trying to shift responsibility of Flynn to Obama?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Counsel. C'mon Donald. You're going to drive spelling and grammar nerds insane.

Though, everyday I think I'm more qualified to head up your social media team.

If spelling/grammar don't matter, I'd be perfect. Besides, I know a lot of editors who are always looking for extra work.

QYFW likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sounds like a story about a Power 5 football coach search.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What on Earth does that mean?

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Dude.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

As weird as it is, I think I agree with this. The last thing the Dems need is another candidate who a portion of the party voters feel is the establishment pick and is out of touch. I was telling Mrs. Spartan on Saturday (oh God help me I pulled a Whitman) the things that will doom Democrats in 2020 is 1) an economy that either doesn't get worse or even gets better 2) the health care fix doesn't have the dire effects predicted and 3) if there is another primary where young Dems feel they're pick was held down by the system again.

An economy that doesn't improve, health care that leaves large swaths out in the cold, a truly voter decided candidate, no terrorist attacks on US soil and a candidate who actually visits Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio could drop Trump.

And this assumes he doesn't piss off Republicans to the point they actually primary him.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Forget it, he's rolling.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The republican nominee won the election.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Almost all out party presidential primaries are crowded. Almost all in party primaries without an incumbent have less candidates, because the in party has fewer gripes with the incumbent.
    PS: Spartan. Clinton got 4 million more votes than Sanders in the primaries. She was chosen by the voters. Argue they made a mistake if you will, but don't fall for that "rigged" primary crap.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I voted for Clinton and know full well that she won the primary. That said, you can't deny there were certain swaths of Democrats who in the face of actual results felt their voice wasn't heard and even the perception of that will hurt the Dems if it happens again.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A candidate that makes the Sanders wing happy when alienate centrists. This circle isn't as easy to square as just moving to the left.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Amazed they didn't make it a slide show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.