1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to call me a liar. @MisterCreosote's working the "exasperated ennui" holding action right now, though.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But can't the location influence the behavioral factors as well?

3. Inky_Wretch

Clapper with the line of the day.

4. doctorquant

When I visit my kids in Austin, I don't suddenly become a vegan.

Perhaps long ago, before the advent of all those destructive supply chain innovations, your diet was geographically influenced. Not anymore. And smoking? Exercise? Drug use? Come on. Plop me down in one of those Rust Belt hell holes and I ain't gonna start popping the Vicodin so I can fit in.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Clapper: "I've had many encounters with media over my career --"

Kennedy: "I'm sorry about that."

Four words that reveal the truth of the contempt many GOP politicians in power today have for a free press.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Given the taco and BBQ options available there, it would be insane if you did.

7. Inky_Wretch

You probably wouldn't.

But if somebody lives in Manhattan, they'll probably spend more time commuting by foot than a Houstonian. If somebody lives in Boulder, instead of Tunica, they'll probably be more active with all the outdoor recreational opportunities afforded there. (Might smoke more pot, too, which could also be geographic factor in their future mortality I guess.)

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Save your snark for someone who wasn't named one of the board's High-Level Thinkers.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Or, if you live in an economically depressed area, there may not be many affordable options for healthy eating, etc.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'm getting the feeling the Science! crowd has trouble comprehending abstracts.

11. doctorquant

Go, mythbuster, go!

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Or, if you grow up in certain affluent areas your jackass parents might not vaccinate you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.