1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You know who sounds just like Trump- - doubling down daily on not making sense? Liberals. They have become the thing they hate. It's a fascinating (and LOLable) circumstance.

BadgerBeer and YankeeFan like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Those damn migrant farm workers, I bet they almost make minimum wage.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What's fair is that after eight years of vicious Republican obstructionism, the gates are open to dogpile on Trump from the very first day, week and month. Only fair that Trump gets that every year (or month) he's around, too.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So it was the Russian hacking, not keeping Democrats away from the polls in the inner cities?

5. Riptide

Nah, Hillary blew it, too. But the Russian distraction was huge. October surprise, remember?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Riptide

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I like the guy, but when Justin Trudeau is considered the intellectual adult in the room, that's not exactly a hard-hitting conversation. That said, Pierre probably would would have responded to that request with, "Fuck him, I'll call Fidel."

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Comey's actions 11 days before the election look even worse now, and I didn't think that was possible.

Huma didn't forward "hundreds and thousands" of emails to slimeball Weiner. It was a handful.

And he STILL broke protocol and influenced the election in favor of Trump.

Comey is a disgrace and should resign.

Comey misstated number of Clinton emails forwarded to Weiner

10. Riptide

LOL. Don't mess with Sally, Texas!

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama should have fired Comey's ass back in July, when he made his first ridiculous attempt to tilt the election scales (publicly clearing Clinton of suspicion of criminal activity, then delivering an extensive sardonic commentary detailing why he thought she was probably guilty. Obama should have issued an immediate statement saying, "Put up or shut up. If you think she committed a crime, bring charges. Otherwise, STFU").

In October, he should have fired him and directed Lynch to prosecute him for violating the Hatch Act.

But Obama didn't want to do that, because then the Republicans would have accused him of acting autocratically, and of course acting like an arrogant angry black man. Heavens knows, Obama didn't want the Republicans to say nasty things like that; it might have besmirched his legacy if the GOP said bad shit about him.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  12. Riptide

Obama, the pioneer black president, was playing the Jackie Robinson role, but I thought he should have banged the hammer instead. Especially in his second term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.