1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's a third option (really a sub-option under No. 2 there) ... we chuckle at the liberals poking themselves with a stick and we take care to make sure there's always a stick that's handy.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump's handler has all the jokes!

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Politico story today is amazing. For one thing, it depicts the President as mentally unhinged, screaming at his TV whenever news about the Russia probe came on. For another it depicts his staff as huge chumps, utterly unaware that firing Comey might provoke some opposition. Most amazing of all, of course, is that all the sources for this story are members of said staff. "My boss is a loony, but I'm clueless so it's OK."

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This isn't a change of subject because it's the only subject that matters to him and many other Republicans. This has primarily been about slaking their thirst for sweet liberal tears and their cup runneth over. LOL U MAD SNOWFLAKE? Whatever makes you, Starman, Inky, Dixie et.al. upset is a good thing.

The President may have sold out his country and it's LOL LOOKIT HOW MAD LIBS ARE. Obama wore a tan suit and OMG HE DOES NOT SHARE OUR AMERICAN VALUES. This? Greeted with a fusillade of, "LOL", "Nah," "It's funny to me..." and Stryper tunes (which, I must admit, I welcome).

No matter how shitty the legislation, how great the corruption or how many campaign promises flushed down the crapper (often to enact their very opposite), it's all good because libs are finally getting theirs. As long as you're a triggered safe-spacer, it's mission accomplished.

This is the world's most epic troll job, and a troll's only guiding principle is anything which will presently tweak his target.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This is going to be Trump's favorite day in a while. Sitting in the residence watching cable news and firing off tweets.

7. Inky_Wretch

I'm more sad and disappointed than anything since I still am a Republican.

8. Inky_Wretch

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The WaPo story which has Spicer hiding in the shrubbery of the White House grounds to avoid going on camera is also an amazing read.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you're the real unhinged one for being mean and criticizing him.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No need to, he's already calling for an independent investigation.

I post knee jerk reactions to "EVERY FUCKING THING" he does? News to me. I've posted four times on this thread (now five) in the last week, and they were all last night, you know, after the sitting President fired the person responsible for investigating the ties between the President's advisors and Russia. Seems like a subject worthy of discussion, no?

Meanwhile, though you're no fan of the President, you posted 28 times on this thread yesterday alone, pretty much all in some sort of defense of him. But, sure, I'm the one who posts knee-jerk partisan responses to "EVERY FUCKING THING" he does. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.