1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I didn't even criticize him in that post. None of his critics (well, I have to except Star) are as mean to Trump as the people who work for him are off the record. It is the most telling evidence he's got nothing but dirtbags around him. They lack even the most basic elements of loyalty.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've made it pretty clear how I feel about Trump, but that's not a strong argument. Yates was always going to be replaced once Sessions was confirmed and normally Preet would have been a goner, except that Trump had apparently previously told him he would stick around. There was no way that Preet was ever going to be allowed to stay in that high profile job.

Comey, on the other hand . . .

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't you know that all liberals are exactly the same? One monolithic intelligence playing at being individuals.

Or maybe that is just the mindset of lazy, partisan fanboys like YF and QWFOS.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well now you've done it ... EVERYTHING Trump does and has done PROVES how RIGHT the libs were about him. I mean, fuck, did you see the color of the pen he signed that EO with? And here you are poo-pooing the dismissals of Yates/Preet. Soon some leftys here will be wishing a fiery death on you.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"A lot has been made about the role of career professionals — what I call the permanent government, what Steve Bannon might label the deep state — in helping an impulsive, inexperienced, often fact-free, tweet-driven president to govern effectively. Today's events suggest that may require more bureaucratic courage than we may have anticipated, indeed perhaps more bureaucratic courage than the bureaucracy can routinely muster."

Michael Hayden: When Trump's Washington starts to resemble Nicaragua

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Optics, man. Optics. Perception becomes reality.

7. doctorquant

Does Comey's dismissal eliminate the possibility of his being jailed for violating the Hatch Act? Asking for @Starman ...

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, but powerless libtards on post crazy things on Twitter. So the entire American left is the real unhinged threat to democracy.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who's we? And how do they get shouted down with full force in the future?

11. doctorquant

No civil rights for white people, etc. @Michael_ Gee's got it all planned out.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Boy it's a good thing this didn't happen the week Melissa McCarthy is hosting SNL.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.