1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh yah we can take any statement by Fucko's DOJ right straight to the bank.

The nonstop fuckin' bullshit his whole regime has been pumping out since day one? Never mind that shit. They're telling the truth now.

dixiehack and heyabbott like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"SJW," of course, is an alt-right trigger phrase. Try harder.

3. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

When it comes to the most hardcore Bernie Bro types, I think it is apt.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Neither Christie nor Giuliani could possibly get through a confirmation hearing without serious damage, and neither might pass.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'd like to see those hearings, though. Christie would be entertaining, and of course Giuliani would work himself into a lather and start foaming at the mouth again.

[​IMG]

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is precisely the entertainment value of the hearings that makes appointing either one an act of political self-mutilation. Which Democrat would bring in the scale model of the GW Bridge to Christie's hearing?

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Baron, probably. He's a details guy.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump could nominate Eric Rudolph for FBI director and the Republicans in the Seante would vote to confirm and FoxNews would hail the appointment as inspired genius

dixiehack likes this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Christie is a fat p.o.s, but he is barely 50. After his first term, he thought he could be president. His stock plummeted. Would be highly entertaining to see his confirmation hearing. Giuliani's time has passed, don't think he would be nearly as entertaining.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It isn't a matter of votes changing. I doubt that would happen.

The turnout would be the real issue. I think you would see a better turnout by Democrats and fewer people voting for third-party candidates because they would have seen how things go if they choose that route again. Also, perhaps some independents would e motivated to try to avert a Trump presidency now that they have gotten a taste of it.

And, of course, Comey isn't in the same position to influence the result. :)

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I named those two halfway between being trollish and bitter humor. No, neither of them would be confirmed.

I don't think.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Thought Rick Stain said the pollsters had it very close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.