1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Amazing that the school would invite her and that she would accept. Didn't everybody suspect this is the way it would go down?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I really think Christie could've beaten Obama if he had run in 2012.

Too bad all he's done since is shit down his leg and castrate himself in front of the world.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[does double-take]

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure he would be popular in middle America. The knock on Giuliani was that he was too much of a New Yorker, that the south and midwest would view him as an arrogant New Yorker. Christie is a fat p.o.s. loudmouth, kind of doubt he'd be popular outside the northeast, even when he was popular in the northeast.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Christie would have been pulverized.

cjericho and Webster like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Rudy don't like to work hard anymore. It's why his presidential campaign never took off and why he'll never do the grunt work to become AG. He likes cashing those checks too much.

Sandwiches is too tainted to get through committee. He still thinks that he'll take Bannon's job.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How It Was Done: The Problem is Not Only That Trump Fired Comey, but How He Did It

"What was missing as a matter of process from the dismissal yesterday?
    • A full explanation of why the decision was reached now, with this apparent urgency, when there is a pending IG investigation into Mr. Comey’s handling of the email investigation.
    • The reasons for the decision not to provide Mr. Comey with advance notice of the dismissal, leaving him to learn about it from cable news-- a decision made without regard for the effects on the Bureau’s morale or for the questions that would be raised about the continuity of operations (including the Russia-Trump campaign investigation).
    • A full explanation of why Attorney General Sessions, who had recused himself from the Russia investigation, was involved in the decision to fire the Director in charge of it.
    • A full explanation of the basis for the recommendation from Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, who had been on the job for 14 days and who produced a short, seemingly informal memorandum in support of the dismissal.
    • Any steps to assure the Congress and the public that steps have been taken to protect the integrity of a Russia investigation committed to a corps of career professional investigators and prosecutors.
    • The nomination of a qualified nonpartisan, professional replacement for Mr. Comey, or the announcement of an expedited timetable for such a nomination."

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ovechkin is the least-influential Russian in D.C. right now.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Larry Flynt on President Fucko:

"I know Mr. Trump. I’ve never met another man in my life who has an ego as big as he does. His whole world is about him, not about anybody else. I care about people. I don’t think he does."

"Whatever comes out of his [Trump’s] mouth, he lies. We’ve never had a president like this in all the history of the country. And he gets away with it. And the press let him get away with it. They keep replaying those tweets of his, and they don’t call him out on their shows, even back when he was running for president. They should have told him: If you want to come on our show, you have to tell the truth. You don’t tell the truth, you can’t be on the show. Trump has to have his publicity. If they cut him off of that, that’s his lifeline."

http://www.leoweekly.com/2017/05/larry-flynt-trump-kentucky-press/

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I assume it's been covered elsewhere, but Price, a man guilty of lying to Congress and of what sure likes insider trading, had a reporter arrested for asking a question. These people are thugs and traitors. To defend them is to urinate on the grave of every man and women in Arlington National Cemetery. And for the right snark patrol, fuck you. You are aiding and abetting treason.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As usual, Flynt exposes the deepest darkest truth of the matter.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Somebody's been drinking!

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.