1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well-played.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe just stand by quietly and watch as it gets Daniel Pearled.

SpeedTchr and QYFW like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That would require a modicum of personal responsibility on his part and even a tacit admission that he's not perfect and not everything is someone else's fault.

In other words, it is a stone-cold impossibility.

Ace likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's not much of veil on a shot at Trump.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Of all the zany things posted here, expecting Trump to resign/quit is the zaniest.

Dude has all the spotlight on him 24/7. It's his lifelong dream. He is never giving that up willingly.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That was my first thought as well. My second was that a movie has elevated him from the lowest of the low to status as a defender of the First Amendment. As if that was his primary motivation in "publishing."

7. tapintoamerica

Exactly. The more he is hounded, the more he can play the victim.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Trump should go on a three-month vacation. Maybe he'll feel more suited for the role upon his return.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Fuck you, New York Times. Fuck you, Katherine Rosman.

You had the chance to write a nice little feature on the Property Brothers, but you just couldn't let the opportunity to drag politics into it pass you by.

"They know that some of their fans are supporters of President Trump, but Jonathan is not a fan. “I believe our show is about finding solutions for the little guy, and I think the current administration is doing stuff that is counterproductive to serving the little guy,” he said." (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/fashion/the-property-brothers.html?ribbon-ad-idx=5&rref=fashion)

Go fuck yourselves, you whiny pieces of shit. That paragraph added nothing to the story, but I'm sure you quivered with joy at your courage in including it.

Everything does NOT have to be about politics.

YankeeFan and LongTimeListener like this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Property Brothers have risen a notch in my eyes.

11. tapintoamerica

Except when, you know, the executive branch tries to incinerate the Constitution, which allows Congress to indict and convict and remove from office anyone guilty of the attempted incineration.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is really an odd interlude in that article. If the guys were non-stop talking about Trump and the writer felt like it had to be in there, it should have been explained as such.

HanSenSE and SpeedTchr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.