1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is what finally sinks Trump! No, really. This is worse than the others!

How many times do we need to go through this?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Almost every plane crash happens because of a series of events, not one single catastrophic failure. And Trump is no Sully.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump basically admitted to obstruction of justice on videotape today. Sooner or later he's going to blunder into something that he can't bullshit his way out of. National security law is not something that he can negotiate.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I, also, will believe it when I see it as far as Trump being removed from office. But the crazy does seem to have gone off the charts the last two days.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When trump called comey a showboat, was I the only one who briefly thought of the USFL team, the Memphis Showboats?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Subpoenas and warrants started moving today. The formal process has begun.

Remember also that the rest of the Republicans want to be re-elected. If they become convinced that they are in serious danger in 2018 and 2020, Trump's flanks will no longer be covered. He just thinks he's seen leaks compared to what will start happening then.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's why so many hitched their wagon to his car in the first place, to get into the position they are in now. As the administration continues to falter (I don't see how it can do anything else), they'll soon be off Trump like rats off a sinking ship. Given what we've seen from POTUS so far (their surprise the Ruskies released photos of the White House meeting being the latest evidence), he thinks he has the loyalty of the GOP or he can outsmart them. Not gonna happen. We're talking career politicians who live to be reelected.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Yup.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Our president is still traumatized by Reggie White flattening Doug Flutie.

Iron_chet, UPChip and dixiehack like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know I predicted he would eventually resign, but I'm also with you here. His voters still worship at his feet. They think he's simply sticking it to politicians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.