1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is f'in genius, right there.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The Rock is looking better and better.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

At least Senate confirmation hearings would be more entertaining.

"Please state your name for the record."

"John C..."

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Iron_chet, UPChip and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It would get old after the second time he turned some legislation sideways and stuck it up Mitch McConnell's candy ass.

Iron_chet and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I would have gone with, "Cucks Trump 9 times..." but I suppose that's just semantics. At the very least, it's good to see some real news.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'd have gone with this song.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They should have just called him "uppity Lester Holt" instead of requiring us to read between the lines.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It is a time for Congress to force a special prosecutor.

It is a time for the Senate to use every tool at its disposal to investigate Trump and his associates, and to conduct zealous oversight of the agencies that he now leads. ...

Ask any Trump ex-wife, creditor, or subcontractor if he deserves to be given the benefit of any doubts. His entire life suggests the answer is no. Americans should start acting like it.

Two Dead Canaries in the Coal Mine

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And he read the electoral map better than anyone, so he can win re-election even if he has approval ratings in the low 30s as long as he wins the Great Lakes states.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, no. If he has an approval rating in the low '30s, he won't win them. He won't win them if the electorate is exactly the same as it was last year (which of course is impossible unless teenagers stop growing and people stop dying) and the opposition isn't split.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Friday morning tweet storm starting.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm of the minority opinion that the left is fractured so badly that they can't piece it back together soon enough for 2018. The "dirtbag left" and Bernie folks are gone and they're not coming back to the fold. They will demand single-payer and massive expansion of government or take their ball and go home. Independents are discouraged and will just stay home. I work a second job in an auto plant on an assembly line (PSA FOR THE KIDS: Do NOT go into journalism) and I've used it as an opportunity to try to understand how people feel about the current political situation to stave off boredom.I'm just quiet and listen much of the time. The people I talk to while working are either Trumpers or so discouraged with the entire process that they've given up on either side (more the latter). They don't like Trump, but they also feel like they gave the Dems a try for eight years and ended up with nothing. It's anecdotal and I know it sounds Peggy Noonanish, but the interactions scare me as a liberal as I look towards 2018.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.