1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But this is like when people argued that Obama was "failing" a few months in, because of the rise of the Tea Party, for example. All of the people bitching and moaning were people that didn't vote for Obama anyway. Same here, right? Trump supporters remain Trump supporters. @YankeeFan still comes here day after day and issues full-throated defenses of him. And not crazy pants defenses, but informed defenses. He thinks Trump is doing a good job and this is all just opposition noise. I'm not sure what sways people these days, but - with the exception of Hillary Clinton, who has herself and Bernie Sanders to thank for that - scandal doesn't seem to be it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Trump's approval rating among Republicans is 84 percent.

Analysis | The one little number that — so far — is all the protection Donald Trump needs

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not scandal, Dick, it's the concept that the President is crazier than a shithouse rat. THAT's what could sway Trump voters most -- fear. If, as seems likely, a whole bunch of them lose health insurance under Trump after he promised the opposite, that'll hurt too. FWIW, as a Democrat I'd be very happy if the election reaction to Trump in 2018 is like that to Obama in 2010.
    PS: In 2008. Obama got 53.5 percent of the vote. In 2012, 51 percent. If Trump loses that much support, which isn't that much, he's down to 43.5 percent in 2020, which isn't gonna win anything.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Take em all out. Decapitate the whole regime.

5. Dick Whitman

Some of his persistent popularity is due, I truly believe, to months upon months of boys crying wolf. The whole "end of Trump" phenomenon that people have joked about over the last few pages here. Goodness, you still have journalists stating as fact that Trump "admitted to sexual assault." My hypothesis is that this just feels like more of the same to people, this week's version of journalists and liberals trying to convince us that Trump really believes that Obama founded ISIS.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't it be both crazy pants and informed? It sure seems like both.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The version that's really taking root in the wackosphere is that Comey was fired because of the Clinton investigation.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Noun, verb, Lyin' Hillary.

9. Dick Whitman

What I mean is that YF doesn't come off as the typical stereotypical Trump supporter - some white trash piece of shit at a rally, repeating over and over that he's going to "make America great again." That's part of the reason why he frustrates people here so much. He presents real arguments in defense of Trump that have a tiny grain of truth to them.

10. Dick Whitman

I saw a poll in one of the stories that someone just linked here that indicated that a plurality of self-identifying Republicans believe this. I don't know how people look in the mirror.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

yeah, he's a partisan hump. ya can always fashion an angle when you're banging that drum.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

YF is on record as being happy with Trump mostly because he makes the libtards squirm.

Even YF has denounced most of his substantial fuckups.

YankeeFan and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.