1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

link?

YankeeFan and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch Maddow last night? She had some very interesting speculation regarding Paul Manafort, wondering if he had flipped. If he has, if he has decided to be the first guy to roll over in order to cover his ass much as he can, he's the guy who can really spill the guts out of this thing.

Remember when he and Flynn were both exposed as having taken money to lobby for foreign countries? There were headlines about both of them registering as lobbyists for foreign interests. Flynn did, but Manafort never followed through and actually registered. Maddow had a quote from him saying that he had not under the advice of an office of the federal government. That seems curious, and more so that he did not register to cover his ass. Why not? Who told him that, and why would he listen to them?

Manafort seems to have disappeared. Anyone know of anything regarding him in the last month or so? Remember that he was involved in the fund raising office that the FBI raided yesterday. Curious.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Can you read my palm?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Idea I've seen pop up and I wonder about the feasibility: Can Trump just pardon Flynn, Manafort or anyone else right now? Of course it would incite rage. But can he do it legally?

5. CD Boogie

I'm still waiting for Maddow to produce Trump's tax returns.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Interesting speculation, but Maddow right now has the Geraldo Rivera-Al Capone's vault vibe going on. Hard to take her too seriously.

7. CD Boogie

Pardon them before they are formally charged with anything? That'd be a Trump move, for sure

8. Dick Whitman

Isn't that what Ford did?

9. CD Boogie

Yes, indeed you're right. People would go batshit over that. Ya know, Democrats. Not republicans. They're riding this ship right to the bottom.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This from the guy who claimed he was the voice of reason during the election because he wasn't going to vote, thus he had no side. You'll have to pardon me for being wise enough to remember that and dismiss your current claim.

I also question who decided to make that time off happen.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF ... with few exceptions!?! Either it's zero or it's not.

12. Dick Whitman

Classic OOP response. I know that now. If I hadn't chosen to take those months off, I don't think I would have seen it coming, honestly. It's like seeing the Matrix.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.