1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Apparently good Christian Republicans never "get" diabetes. Perhaps the budget director should take a look at the map. What do the deepest red states have in common besides highest incidence of diabetes?
    Diabetes in the United States: The State of Obesity

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Two resign "in protest" from EPA subcommittee - CNNPolitics.com

"Two members of an EPA subcommittee have resigned "in protest" over the agency's decision to dismiss nine of the 18 scientists on a key science review board.
    One of the two, Carlos Martin told CNN, "I can't be part of what I see is likely to happen in the future. ... I can't be a prop to bad science."

"Gretchen Goldman, research director at the Center for Science and Democracy asked, "What's the scientific reason for removing these individuals from this EPA science review board? It is rare to see such a large-scale dismissal even in a presidential transition."

She added, "The EPA is treating this scientific advisory board like its members are political appointees when these committees are not political positions. The individuals on these boards are appointed based on scientific expertise, not politics. This move by the EPA is inserting politics into science. "

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, my "BTW" was intended to mean "by the way" ...

#I'mbetterthanMikeHuckabee

QYFW likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't call him out. I simply pointed out that the Hail Hydra thing had already been posted. You really do fail at a stunning rate. Cue cis taking another dump on the thread with his fun-with-quote-function nonsense.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

show your work.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yeah. Scientists would NEVER get political. How do people say this stuff with a straight face?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Guaranteed he replies with, I'm not doing your work for you or I'm sorry you are to slow to keep up.

QYFW likes this.
  10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

And others have pointed out the same thing. But -- stunner -- you don't get it.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Can't we just move on from the OOP-bashing? I want to talk about how much money I make.

Hermes, JC, dixiehack and 1 other person like this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seems JC wants to handle both sides of the conversation by himself. When he gets to a part I consider relevant, should I help him out?

JC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.