1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You underestimate these people's stupidity. It's legit.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jeff Sessions was involved in firing Jim Comey. He helped develop a list of potential replacements. He is interviewing the short list of candidates to replace Comey today. He is now helping select the head of the investigation into Trump/Russia.

How is he recused from the Russia investigation?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sessions' recusal announcement made Trump really mad. So Sessions un-recused himself and counted on America's short attention span to let him get away with it. He will, too.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's Trump. The surprise may be he didn't make it about himself.

5. Neutral Corner

Well, it's a Republican Congress, so no consequences. If Eric Holder had done so it would have been the end of America.

I suspect you are dead right.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does it matter, since Trump is likely to do his own thing anyway? Dude lives to throw his staff under the bus, among other stuff.

7. Neutral Corner

I suppose that it is just one more offense against the normal (and legal), but it bothers me. Of course, I'm anti-Trump and Sessions was my senator, so I know what a weasel he is.

You may be right, though. We're in a time where up is down, black is white. Trump fires Comey in a transparent attempt to obstruct justice and may in fact have done nothing but accelerate the investigation and increase the resolve of the people involved.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That's what happens when the walls close in. Exhibiting all the behavior of a guy who knows he's fucked

9. Neutral Corner

Jonathan Karl just said on "This Week" that WH Counsel McGahn, Priebus, Kushner, and Pence were working on reasons/spin for Comey's firing before DAG Rosenstein was even asked to write his statement.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think NYPD should open up the cold case files for any gunshot victims found on 5th Ave.

Batman, Webster and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is amazing that someone who has shown so little loyalty to his staff, demands so much. When your boss's actions require you to retain an attorney, it's time to update the resume.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.