1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Until you need 36 radiation treatments but your insurance is limited 16 or genetic testing for your daughters for cancer but insurance won't pay for it or your daughter needs 24 physical therapy treatments but the insurance in limited to 18. Or because of cancer ir ACL surgery you can't get decent insurance. Or birth control is limited or not covered because of someone else's religion

Bitterness becomes a constant companion.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ha ha what a laugh to see the libtards get sooooo mad!

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Robert Reich (hi, Quant!): "The question is no longer whether there are grounds to impeach Donald Trump. It is when enough Republicans will put their loyalty to the nation ahead of their loyalty to their party."

Robert Reich: The End of Trump

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I love the "the law is reasonably clear ..." bit. Hey Rob, a President can be impeached for picking his/her nose.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. doctorquant

I wonder why birth control wasn't explicitly "covered" in the ACA.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

OK, why don't you tell me where I stand on the ACA and the AHCA. Go ahead, I'll wait.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In fairness, it's the most left-wing position you have advocated here.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Stop inserting reality into Republicans' fantasy world of cheap slogans.

9. doctorquant

If we could just have single-payer, nobody would ever be told "no" in healthcare matters.

YankeeFan and heyabbott like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My comments weren't even directed at the legislation. I just tire of Starman's nonsense. Not like the mods will say anything.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A personal note: In December, my Mom died. She had the best possible end of life care available. She died at 93 after a wonderful life. But there was the time where her personal physician said. "there's nothing more we can do except make sure you are comfortable" or words to that effect. It is an inescapable part of the human condition that medicine gives up. It is a decision by society as to when that verdict comes. Mom got the deluxe verdict. Apparently, people without much money are to get the tough shit for you verdict. To me, that's cruel and inhumane and the people who advocate it deserve to suffer horribly themselves.

Killick likes this.
  12. doctorquant

And there it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.