1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The cat's out of the bag, that's why. It is a message to their peers "don't tell this blabbermouth anything." That very sentiment is why I doubt Trump has any direct knowledge of what Russia did on his behalf. An old KGB hand like Putin wouldn't trust Trump to keep a secret.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If there's no evidence, that's how you know it's true!

SpeedTchr and QYFW like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This insanity has to end. When the White House reported on this meeting, they only mentioned Ambassador Lavrov was at the meeting. If it were not for the photos that the Russians released we wouldn't even know that Kislyak was there. Kislyak was the Russian that Flynn and Sessions met with. He is connected with, if not plain and simple, Russian intelligence.

We're now in a full blown Constitutional crisis. Period. No amount of explaining will make this right. He's President, and can choose to declassify at will... but if you or I did this we'd go to prison for espionage.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's hysterical!

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How so? Question mark.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Anybody hear anything about Trump revealing classified info lately?

7. Michael_ Gee

Trump has not yet created a genuine Constitutional crisis because he has not defied either Congress or the federal courts. But give him time. He's only been on the job four months.

8. doctorquant

Robert Reich will be along shortly to explain ...

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just reposted this before realizing you had linked. Mother of god. He doesn't have the temperament to be the president. He is a bullshit artist, a braggart and he is impetuous. He has no moral compass. Unfortunately, he is the person that America elected.

The president has the authority to declassify anything he wants. So this one isn't even a legal question, if I am understanding this correctly. America is getting what it deserves.

Killick and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

The thing is, impeachment is a political process, not a judicial one. So is the 25th amendment. Even if Trump didn't break any law, this would make a dandy article of impeachment.

12. doctorquant

I recall someone 'round here making exactly that point a couple (thousand) times ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.