1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Shitty link. What's the story? Like Joss Wheedon mocking cancer survivors, kids should be off limits.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I believe it is. But want to make sure.

Awaiting the flood of #FakeNews asshole cult members.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's clear Trump is in early stage dementia. He can't control himself. But the Republicans in Congress are either ideological fanatics, craven cowards or both. They'd face little payback IMO if they had Trump declared unfit for office and put in Pence. The Trump lovers would promptly become Pence lovers as soon as he slapped some nonwhites around.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's actually in late stage total fucking idiocy.

• Conservative friends are reminding me that the President can declassify at will. I'd post the actual Nixon interview, but somehow linking to a movie feels realer these days. My question is, if true, are there any precautions regarding classified info that Trump is required by law to adhere to?

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I was listening to an old episode of Radiolab this week and I hadn't realized that the President can push the nuclear button at will. I guess I had always assumed that there would be a joint decision made by the President and top advisors. This makes Trump a little less funny to me.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But he doesn't have MS.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

On cue, White House issues a non-denial denial.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The precaution is that the intelligence services will stop putting secrets in his Daily Briefing. And friendly governments will stop cooperating with our intelligence services to protect themselves. IMO, the service running the operation Trump leaked was the Mossad. Bad bunch of folks to have pissed off at you.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan better do some stretching before he comes in this evening for his daily round of mental gymnastics.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Still seems odd that anyone would doubt the reporting. What would the reason be for doubting such a thing? Would a reputable news organization report anything that wasn't 100 percent verifiable?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Dershowitz just said Trump is "probably safe from impeachment."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.