1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do find it funny that the guy who never stops talking about his acumen at his investing job (which is fine with me - I enjoy his posts) takes a shot at me "fancy[ing]" myself a professional, something I almost never mention.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can any of us give the word?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I have your oeuvre committed to memory.

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

What's the word? Is it "avuncular?"

5. doctorquant

How much money do you make? We need to know whether you've "lost your raising,"

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously, I would like to read it, too. I actually think it would be interesting and useful to understand the process better.

7. outofplace

You are more than welcome to denounce and disavow everything I post on this site. Perhaps then you will stop stalking me with the quote function childishness.

8. doctorquant

There's a flow chart ... in the middle of it there's this logical operator that asks, "Is the offender an award-winning writer?"

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

This type of comment is why I want to read it. I think one reason there is so much complaining about the moderating on this site is a lack of transparency. I'm sure there are issues I'm not thinking of, but I do see advantages to having the mods make it public when they suspend or ban someone with at least some explanation of why it was done. And I say this having been suspended.

I will say that expecting moderators to take action based on things on Twitter or other media off this site is ridiculous. It just isn't fair to expect them to do it.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't see that much complaining about it. Is there a lot?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Only if you count the numerous "Why is Starman allowed to do his schtick?" posts as complaining about the moderating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.