1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

That's false.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Inky can't see those.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Came to this thread expecting some discussion of Gen. McMaster's press briefing that just concluded.

Found a pissing match between Dick and Ragu with the Greek Chorus joining in.

Good old SJ.com

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I always thought Clytemnestra was a cool name. Clytemnestra.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump is ignorant of procedures that are such standard practice that a normal politician in the White House would never even consider violating them. He is impulsive. He refuses advice and guidance from those who do know the ropes.

Obviously I don't know what went on regarding this intel. As President, he certainly can have anyone he approves briefed in, even on code word secret material. The thing is that it is completely possible that he simply picked up a file on his desk, pulled out the intelligence brief, and handed it to Lavrov. Normally something like this which was going to be shared would go through vetting and be rewritten to convey the information while stripping out the various telltales and clues. There's no way in hell that happened, not given the uproar it caused. He did this on impulse, and by definition that means that it didn't go through the normal process.

He simply does not understand how much intelligence can be gleaned by trained analysts who already have a lot of knowledge of a given area. They know how to put together tiny bits of puzzle pieces to gain insight and understanding, and Trump handed them a double handful of pieces and a copy of the cover photo.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Now there's a shitshow waiting to happen. I bet the staff will be sweating that one out.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Saying "Trump is doing things no president would do" only emboldens many of his supporters.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Gooooooood. Gooooood.

Terrific potential for something truly momentous to happen.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At some point, I hope a news org does a piece about the people who have to translate Trump's speeches into other languages. Given his rambles, asides and other verbal quirks, I imagine it's pretty difficult to keep up.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The fucker barely understands how to put on his underwear. Unless the Pretty Princess is giving him a helping hand, his batting average is sub-Mendoza.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He was trying to impress the Russians with how much he knew. Instead, he showed them how much he didn't know.

Killick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.