1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Erick Erickson on the leak story:

I Know One of the Sources | The Resurgent

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, but think of the ratings!

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

please link so we can make our own determinations ;)

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder whether McMaster is glad he's there to provide as much protection and good judgement as he is allowed or he wishes he never even considered taking the job. I suspect that his sense of duty is such that he is glad he can stick his finger (or his fist) in the dike, but my god what a thankless job he has.

There are those on the staff that I have zero sympathy for, but McMaster and Mattis have long since proved their dedication and loyalty. They may have careerist motives, they're not saints, but I figure that they're fighting the barbarians inside the gates.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Most of us have encountered tons of people doing stuff like that. I'll never forget the guy who, when he found out I was a professor, started bragging about the small private college he'd attended. He wanted me to be impressed with the fact that he had been taught not by a mere professor, but by a department chair.

Of course, his saying "The department chair teached my Biology class" didn't help matters much ...

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Such a stupid bragging point too. "I get all this great intelligence." Gee, really? Never would have guessed that about a president.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I for one am glad Ragu lost some money and hope he loses more.
    Like the robber barons who wrecked our economy, he tried to game the system. You got gamed, Spaghetti Sauce Man.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I imagine/hope most of his cabinet and the GOP Congress are asking the same question.

10. doctorquant

LOL ... Two farmers kept trading this horse back and forth. Smith would gussy the horse up and Jones would then pay $5 more than he'd sold. Jones would then do something else and Smith would pay a $5 premium. This went on for awhile, until one day Smith was walking by and couldn't see the horse. He asked Jones about it, and Jones told him he'd sold the horse the day before for a $20 profit. Smith was apoplectic. "You sold that horse? You fool! You and me both were making a good living trading that horse!"

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Same thought I had.

12. doctorquant

[​IMG]

Helps to get rid of the bad blood ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.