1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The hard part is that this story is as awful as it is unsurprising. This is exactly how a Trump administration was always going to operate. He's going to continue to get away with it too.

A question I've been posing to liberal friends: Would you want to see the Democrats pull out of close-ish but Republican-leaning House districts if it locked in conservative but anti-Trumpian candidates?

Most of them would not, because they're envisioning a major house sweep in 2018 and Trump losing in 2020. It takes me right back to the Republican nomination: Nobody wants Trump to win, but everybody wants everybody else to be the ones to sacrifice any amount of interest to stop him.

Trump is a massive collective action problem in a country that philosophically wants to deny such problems exist and is thus deeply incapable of handling them.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Where does such a unicorn exist?

3. RickStain

Fair point

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I spent the last 30-plus years taking it as a given that Donald Trump is a fucking clown, and that everyone else realized it, as well. He continues to reveal himself as a fucking clown, and a significant number of Americans don't apparently see it.

I mean, whatever. I've moved onto putting my energy in my life into hobbies other than following politics.

I just find it so bizarre.

7. RickStain

Promise abortion restrictions and tax cuts and 35% of the country will forgive you anything and everything else.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Be Careful. Very Careful.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Comey is a lazy single source hack.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member