1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgealfano

georgealfano Active Member

Two months I would have agreed with you. But the House approval of the AHCA makes things much more competitive.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A new health care program every two years and the House will flip constantly.

Big Circus and georgealfano like this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The email Trump's campaign just sent out:

====

You already knew the media was out to get us.

But sadly it’s not just the fake news… There are people within our own unelected bureaucracy that want to sabotage President Trump and our entire America First movement.

Steve Bannon was right when he said, “If you think they’re going to give you your country back without a fight, you’re sadly mistaken. Every day is going to be a fight. That is the promise of Donald Trump.”

They don’t want it to be America First. They want it to be Special Interests first to enrich themselves all while the citizens of our country remain an afterthought.

We have no choice but to completely DRAIN THE SWAMP. President Trump has already started cleaning house, but every day will be an uphill battle -- and we need to be prepared to go into the trenches to FIGHT BACK.

CONTRIBUTE $1 TO DRAIN THE SWAMP
    Thank you,

Team Trump

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The man knows his audience.

BitterYoungMatador2 and HC like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is on my facebook. I have no idea who this is.
    Velvet Rozanne Bennett Yet another media witch hunt! Trump needs to dump every single Obama holdover there is. They're out to destroy the president.
    · Reply ·
    · 4 hrs

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) says Comey is number one!

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Trump's SJ.com surrogate has been tellingly silent this week.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone to mention that. Hopefully he's not in the hospital with his daughter.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe he got sick of winning

Riptide and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s ultimately really easy to pin all this on Trump. Really easy for Big Journo. Really easy for SNL. Really easy for the talk show hosts. Really easy for both political parties. And, clearly, really easy for all the folks at the state department and at the FBI and even in Trump’s own White House, to gore this bad-haired bull until he bleeds out from the sheer stupidity of chasing the political version of a bullfighter’s cape.

I don’t know that I’ll feel better once the bull succumbs if it leaves us exactly where we were before the bull got to the White House.

For me, Trump is a symptom of the disease – not the disease itself.

He gets run out of office – which I am fine with, hell, which I want – and, what, we go to a smirking, vainglorious asshole like Pence? A phony golden boy like Sasse, a byproduct of Ivy League schools and thinktanks? Cruz? Who?

Why does it sometimes feel like Trump’s demise isn’t so much about what he does wrong, but how he does things wrong, and how that reveals the mediocrity and fragility of our government in ways that professional people in and around government – media, career government folks – find offensive? Because, to be sure, Trump’s worldview is troubling. Very. But it’s almost like him “being a child” is the focus. As in, “once we get this child out of office, we can go back to business as usual, which, as we last left it, was more or less the business of screwing over most people except the very rich.”

Which is exactly was Trump was trying to do. He just did it poorly.

If offended sensibilities are the primary thing fueling the takedown of Trump, and all we do is go back to the way things were before Trump, what, really, have we learned? I watched an interview with Sasse – who’s peddling some book about all the young people he probably doesn’t know and how immature they all are – thought, “this guy takes us all for dupes in ways that are more sophisticated than Trump, and in a less-offensive degree, but hardly different in kind.”

The most dangerous thing about Trump is that, he’s such an incompetent idiot, that our political system decides to make no changes, and deems the voters the problem to begin with. Because if only the “dumb, backwards” voters are the problem, that’s the kind of institutional arrogance that’s most frightening.

Jssst21 and Batman like this.
  11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Dude, no outing. If you're going to surreptitiously real name drop posters, do it on Twitter!

doctorquant and Dick Whitman like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Impacted as a verb? Really?

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.