1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Political scientist Seth Masket asks the following pertinent question. In his whole life, has there ever been a factual dispute between Trump and anyone else where Trump's version of events was the truth?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That election is 3.5 years away and we don't know yet if Trump even wants to run again. He doesn't think 3.5 hours ahead.

So in the intervening 3.5 years, he's vulnerable to *what*? No matter how toxic his brand is, the Republicans are going to spin "Local Democratic House Candidate wants to join Nancy Pelosi in Washington and vote for abortions and higher taxes" and so far we haven't seen much that makes me think that won't be good enough for 218 seats in 2018.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I crave the validation.

5. Michael_ Gee

Try the opinion polls on the generic ballot, Rick.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Democrats +11 in Generic Member of Congress polling. Unheard of for either party to be that high. That is the kind of margin that no amount of gerrymandering can survive.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

From five days ago ...

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You can't have it all. I already stocked up!

10. Michael_ Gee

The tell will be if the Senate and House Republicans turn down Comey's demand to testify in public. I'm not sure they have the guts for that, since he'll simply on TV in response.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not that unheard of. We saw it in the last couple of major wave shifts. But if that slips even a point or two, it's probably not quite enough.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What's going to happen? Is it going to leak to the Russians, Syrians, and the Iranians?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.