1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the Iranians?

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1,. It was plus 16 in the Quinnipiac poll. 2. No party can keep a House majority losing by 10. Maybe things will be more normal by November 2018, even though normal by historical standards would put the House in play. But if Trump's still around, I'm pretty sure things won't be normal.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Republicans can probably hold the house losing by 8, and the actual vote tends to skew a few points narrower than the polling. D+11 in the generic polling is roughly a coin-flip.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I were Comey I would want to get a live video deposition on tape in the next 15 minutes. His life may depend on it.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah! They're our partners in peace! @cranberry assured me!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Comey doesn't seem the type to play ball out of convenience, loyalty or to make life easier for himself. The Ashcroft thing, the Hillary deal, this. In each case, I honestly think it was what he felt was the right thing to do. Not allow Ashcroft to bullied into signing a torture memo, inform the public that Hillary still hadn't put the e-mail thing to bed after more than a year and her chief aide married a creep, and Trump being Trump. Obama doesn't name Comey to the FBI if he doesn't intervene in the Ashcroft thing. Trump doesn't win, if not for the Hillary thing and he figures Comey is one of "his."

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not at all ready to trust polls again.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't know how I'd look for it, but if I recall correctly (and I do), there was a thread here in which you'd posted it. You took it down after you did not get the desired response.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't tweet out things I don't think are good or that I have not read. If I tweet something to read, it's because I think it's a good story. I read your story and told you privately that I did not think it accomplished what you hoped it might. I said it as kindly as I could, and I was only ever kind to you. You responded angrily and decided I was big-timing you and the enemy. You are one of the reasons I don't give feedback on stories much anymore. There is no profit in it.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Dude - that's part of your glitch. Everything is for profit.
    Now don't go getting mad at me, it's just a little 'constructive criticism'.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Come on, man.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh for God's sake. Polls change. The election is a long way away. But no poll ever has been off by 10, let alone 16.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar." – David Brooks, NYT

Guy_Incognito and Deskgrunt50 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.