1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The GOP will cut bait on Trump if he is dragging them down. Right now they can argue that it is Trump's temperament, not their policies that are hurting the party.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maddow reporting that Paul Manafort has been subpoenaed.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to recall Watergate. The one thing Nixon had going for him was that his chief accuser was John Dean. Nobody knew who the fuck he was, but they did know he was under criminal investigation. so his word didn't carry much weight until it was validated by other evidence. Comey was director of the FBI. People know who that is. His word will carry much weight when given under oath. And we all know Donald Trump (nor Jeff Sessions) will ever, ever testify under oath.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Actually polls show that health care, not Trump's lunacy. hurts them more.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I being asked to take David Brooks' punditry and Rachel Maddow's reporting seriously on a single thread page.

You have lost your fool minds. Good night.

YankeeFan, SpeedTchr and doctorquant like this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I agree they will cut bait if they think Trump is going to cost them their reelection.

We're not there yet and I don't know if we ever will be. When Quist loses by 7 in Montana and Ossoff loses by 2 in Georgia (both better than normal results for Democrats, sure) they'll start to feel like they can weather this.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yes, this comes from the Louise Mensch orbit. OTOH, last week when the Flynn subpoena and the Virginia search warrant went down, she had called it the night before. We'll see.

8. Michael_ Gee

In my experience, pols of both parties don't think like that. If a race elsewhere is closer than they think it should be, they look to their flanks.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hence the "they can argue"....;)

10. Michael_ Gee

Neutral, I gotta ask. What the fuck is this guy talking about?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.