1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How many guys?

In my day, to get a good schedule I'd do the slot on Sundays, often (in fact generally) alone. Definitely not a major metro, but a daily (with some local NFL coverage). Agate took, I don't know, an hour or two. My sections probably sucked, though. There's more than one reason my journalism career was, shall we say, rather short.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nothing. That hasn't changed in the least.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Major metros usually have, or had, one full Scoreboard page of agate every day, plus other agate on other pages as needed. And then updated throughout for final edition. ... Pretty tough job at that level.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I believe the multinational nuclear deal was appropriate to enter.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Your college advisor Donald Sutherland at Faber College?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I tested out of College Algebra but I decided to take it anyway on the worry that I might be rusty after not having taken a math class in almost 20 years.

This morning, we're in the chapter on probability, and the question was "What is the probability of two dice adding up to 7?" Which is a really insulting question, something that we all should have learned how to do in roughly 7th grade. But if that isn't bad enough, he proceeds to write down 1/12 on the board and explain that 2,5 and 5,2 only count as one, as do the other flips. I didn't want to speak up, but he takes the exams straight from the teacher version of the book, and I didn't want anyone to get it wrong if it showed up. We argued about it for five minutes before he looked it up in his answer book and was forced to concede.

I guess that doesn't disqualify him for being noble though.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Depends on the possession of the notes / chain of evidence thing, and whether Comey left his notes overnight in his personal refrigerator.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Dude.

Do you not realize that posting these personal digs over and over is a bad look? You're oop with eloquence.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

LOL. Some of those dummies can't understand agate!

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, you didn't read it.

And now because you need daily profit: The Atlantic is lucky to have you. Match made in heaven. Can't wait to social media your next masterpiece. You are the best writer on the continent.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Okey-dokey.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At least you weren't asked to figure it out using arrays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.