1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What makes you think they're terrible people?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Right. It's almost as if polling changes depending on what happens, so using it to predict something like another party taking control of the House a year and a half from now is pretty stupid.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's being sarcastic, playing upon the liberal trope that only deplorables would vote for Trump.

QYFW likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I know what he was doing.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Only a couple of the Trump supporters I know are terrible people. The others are some combination of misguided, full of shit, delusional. But they're good people. Some I consider close friends. Everybody is wrong sometimes, you know?

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

From by Vol deplorable message board:

"I hope John McCain has a fucking brain aneurysm and is paralyzed from the nose down and lives on a feeding tube for the next 30 years."

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Public relations 101 is that you should try to get ahead of bad news. The Republicans in Congress are trying to stay as far behind it as possible. I'm not sure that's a winning play.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But Republicans aren't going to wait for the polls on Halloween 2018 to decide whether Trump is going to drag them all the way to the ocean floor. If they have to take emergency measures, they've got to start soon.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My best guess. They'll wait until after 2018 primary season, then try to move to anti-Trump for the general. Not sure that's a winner, either.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm sure they appreciate your charity.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.