1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Three of my closest friends voted Trump.

One was a lifelong Republican who felt the party was full of shit, devoid of ideas and sought only to keep the Koch agenda at the fore. He saw Trump as the chaos candidate who was going to drain the swamp and make DC take notice that business as usual could not go on. He sees the swamp level rising and Ryan/McConnell running the show. He regrets his vote.

The second is a retired military man who had always voted blue. He voted Trump because he had tired of the nonstop histrionics and accusations of racism/sexism/intolerance/hatred from social justice warriors and couldn't wrap his mind around a dozen genders. He sees a complete shit show and a mess of everything Trump's touched. He is in the "give him a chance" camp, but losing faith fast.

The last is a career law enforcement professional who is deep down the InfoWars rabbit hole. Soros, the Bilderbergs, open borders, Denver airport, etc. His mantra was that Trump would uphold the Constitution (2nd Amendment, primarily) and, unlike Hillary, was not a warmonger and only wanted peace. He regrets nothing.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Then that course has a 100 percent fail rate.
    Because nobody follows that advice.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure they do, too

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I can pull mostly from the first two.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My best friend from HS is an accountant by trade, who now works for a construction insurance provider, and the only thing he cares about or has ever cared about is lower taxes. He voted Trump and I doubt he will ever regret it. (Except maybe for the couple of months after the election that his wife the social worker froze him out.)

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that Republicans in Congress have no clue how the Trump winds are blowing among their constituents. I used to believe that politicians had really reliable internal polling. And then Hillary Clinton didn't visit Wisconsin.

QYFW likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do you get the feeling Hillary gets up in the middle of the night, looks in the mirror, and thinks "Really? I lost to that putz. They must hate me." or does she think America will wake up and beg her to come back?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Watch out for the librarians. They can read the Trumps like a book.

[​IMG]

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It has to be the former. Losing the presidency to Trump, when it was in your hands, has to be the biggest blow not involving death any human has suffered.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The latter. She didn't get the message from her own party in '08 and used the machinery to keep out any contenders in '16. That doesn't seem like someone who gets the message.
    [​IMG]

HanSenSE, dixiehack, Stoney and 3 others like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think she wakes up blaming Jim Comey.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Glad I don't know it. Get songs stuck in my head in a regular basis. Don't need another!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.