1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

You suck.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The idea that this is all part of a long play by Comey is hugely appealing to me, both as a respecter of long plays and a despiser of Trump. And I can see that if anyone would be capable of such a thing, it would be the director of the FBI. But boy, is it hard to believe that Comey could see how this would play out all along. If he somehow did, he's a next-level genius.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So, is today the day that he became president?

RickStain and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Or the parental controls were activated

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

So now everything in The White House looks like this?
    [​IMG]

Iron_chet and HC like this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And Reagan, and Bush etc.

The Kasich infatuation is our quadrennial national nonsense. We did it with Huntsman too. The left chooses an unknown, centrist Republican polling at 2-3% to fall in tolerate with. Spare me your even-handedness.

YankeeFan and RickStain like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't pity Trump voters - and I don't agree with them, either. I do, however, to some small degree empathize with some of them. They've been systematically screwed over during the last 25 years, peddled blather by white, Christian politicians who know about as much about Christianity as abortion and gay marriage, and they've been bile and rage from the right-wing news media for that stretch of time, too. I can see how they got to the point they did and voted the way they did.

And believe me, when I say that in personal conversation with liberals, or even some conservatives, they flip out. It's fun to feel superior to Trump voters and I am pretty much...not that fun.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Cruz is many bends down the river from Reagan and Bush. He's smarter than both combined, for one.

I'm not part of "the left." For goodness sakes.

11. Guy_Incognito

This is what I was responding to.

12. Guy_Incognito

They wouldn't claim you for your abortion stance, but you're not as far off as you like to think.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.