1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Those were criteria that every republican in the primary fit, including Jeb.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's another criteria. Make it socially acceptable to be racist again. None of the others quite scratched that itch.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Absolutely, Trump is the perfect mark for a long play. I think that's partly because he's never heard "No," so he has no knack for end-arounds or setting traps. He has no ability as a navigator. Comey has spent his professional life under the sort of institutional restraints that force you to find new ways to maneuver. I don't think it's true, but I like to imagine he sat across from Trump in the Oval Office and thought, "I've waited my whole life to bring down a guy like him."

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There are really two questions here.
    1) If you could, would you switch your vote to another candidate? Nobody would take this one.
    2) If you could, would you rescind your vote? This would get a few takers. Rescinding vote means you would simply be a non-voter. You wouldn't be helping Trump, but you wouldn't be helping Clinton, either.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You'd be helping Clinton.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

9. Michael_ Gee

Amash wrote in Rand Paul in the election and bragged about it. He's a true believer libertarian and doesn't give a shit who knows it.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think you are missing "reverse any and everything of the last 8 years."

11. Inky_Wretch

Donald Trump: Making Fox News Ratings Dive

12. Michael_ Gee

Opposition draws eyeballs. Cheerleading loses them. Not just a right-wing phenomenon, I hasten to add.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.