1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Guess we know OOP's real life identity now.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What's wrong? Your trolling thread didn't get enough attention?

3. Dick Whitman

How high does his ERA have to get before we can talk about his struggles? What is the threshold?

4. outofplace

I never said you can't. In fact, I agreed with you that he is pitching like crap this year.

That said, the other thread was started for trolling purposes and most of your comments on the subject have been posted for the same reason. You can do what you want, but you have no reason to complain when I point out that you are trolling. You started an entire thread about his struggles, so why not post about it there? It's obvious. You weren't getting enough attention there.

Plenty of players who were excellent last year are struggling now. Justin Verlander rebounded to ace status last year, but his numbers are way off so far in 2017. Masihiro Tanaka's ERA is 5.80. Miguel Cabrera is struggling to stay healthy and batting .248. Carlos Gonzalez is hitting .214 with two home runs.

Amazing how you haven't posted about any of those guys, but you fixate on Arrieta.

5. Dick Whitman

This is like saying that it is "amazing" that you post about the Steelers instead of the Packers or Colts.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I like the woman putting up the pizza box in the hope that it will protect her.

7. outofplace

Then I look forward to your support when that topic comes up again this fall.

Also, where are you posts about the Cubs' overall struggles? The defending World Series champions entered today's games 19-19. If all the Arrieta talk was due to your interest in Chicago baseball, why aren't you talking about that? Why aren't you posting about the rising earned run averages of Kyle Hendricks, Jon Lester and John Lackey? Hendricks has a 3.40 ERA, more than a run higher than last season's 2.20. Where is your commentary on that? Did you post anything about the arrival of top prospect Ian Happ?

In fact, I may have just posted more about Cubs other than Arrieta than you have all season.

8. Dick Whitman

9. outofplace

Hey troll, that is still less than I posted in the last 10 minutes about Cubs not named Arrieta this season.

10. Dick Whitman

The person who won the Cy Young Award two years ago with a 1.77 ERA and is entering free agency currently has a 5.44 ERA.

But, sure, let's talk about Kyle Hendricks, who humps it up there at 89 mph, and his worrisome 3.40 ERA, shall we? That's way more interesting.

I can tell you first-hand what people in Chicago are talking about right now. And it ain't Ian fucking Happ.

11. Dick Whitman

12. Dick Whitman

Draft saved Draft deleted