1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They might have preferred him, but would they have been motivated to go the last mile to the polls if he wasn't running against the woman they spent a quarter-century regarding as evil incarnate?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Those people? I'm guessing they were pretty enthusiastic about their candidate.

3. dixiehack

Honestly, I wonder if Trump even gets the nomination if Hillary Clinton isn't the odds on favorite to win. She provokes a primal, guttural backlash because so many people on the right hate her guts. If the Democrats were sorting through a field of generic white guys, would GOP voters have actually looked at who they thought would be the best-qualified conservative instead of flipppng the bird to The System?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed -- but a lot to unpack in the disdain of Clinton, which was one of her problems!

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think so, but I can't come up with any explanation for him winning the nomination so what do I know.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Especially with the prospect of a Clinton/Bush race.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ben Sasse has run out of damns to give.

RickStain likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good God. It's ALSO a government program that encourages students, pursuing such careers, to borrow sums ridiculously out of proportion to the income they'll earn as a result. Wanna be a social worker? Great, that's a wonderful calling. Wanna borrow $100K to get that master's in social work at the school in desirable location X (rather than the $10K or so you'd spend getting it at the clumpy school just across town)? Not so great ...

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  12. dixiehack

Maybe for Iowa and New Hampshire, but by then everyone knew Bush was a threat to nothing besides his dignity. Most overhyped flop since Jackie Mason on Chicken Soup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.