1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well, there you go. Thanks, Pierre Trudeau!

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But he's the most unfairly treated politician in history.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who could step up and say, "This is some serious shit here and, what's more, this guy has done a shit job from Day 1," who would the necessary gravitas to put a serious dent in Trump's popularity on the populist right? God, maybe Sarah Palin? Rush Limbaugh? Hannity?

No one otherwise comes to mind, certainly not anyone currently holding office, and they all kind of know that, I think. Someone called Trump a "massive collective action problem," a couple days ago here, and that seems accurate to me.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Was that one guess or two?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We never got a single yoga email!

Nor a single Hillary email about Chelsea's wedding -- despite their being some 30,000 about them.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"We'll put a boot in your (wife's) ass (for driving unaccompanied), it's the (Saudi Arabian) way!"

HanSenSE and RickStain like this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If my Facebook feed is any indication, what you refer to as the "populist right" actually considers these missteps to be successes!

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. He's "sticking it to" career politicians and the "lamestream media." They are just 100 percent in the tank for the guy at this point.

The "to be fair" question I keep forcing myself to come back to is this: What if Snowden's leak had occurred under Trump?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Right, but this gets to the inherent cause-and-effect part of Dick's question, yes? Are they considering them successes because the people the follow as beacons of right-wing tribal identity, whoever they are, (probably not best term but you hopefully know what i mean/will cut some slack), are saying they're successes? Or do they consider them successes irrespective of what any of those "beacons" say?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My Facebook Trumpistas (who, I would hazard a guess, are fairly representative), I don't think they take their cues from anyone anymore. There probably was a time when others might have influenced them, but that time has long passed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.