1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hopefully they can relax again soon.

3. Neutral Corner

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He was also the one who was lying every step of the way.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

This is a very interesting article on Comey and Mueller. I can think of few people Trump would be worse off locking horns with.

What Donald Trump Needs to Know About Bob Mueller and Jim Comey

"When, nearly a decade ago
    , I started writing a biography of Mueller, one of the director’s associates suggested that I wouldn’t fully understand that hospital showdown until I could answer why Mueller was present at Ashcroft’s bedside that March night. As this colleague said, “I was never able to figure that out—it wasn’t an FBI program and the FBI had nothing to do with the legal advice, so why was Bob Mueller in the hospital room?”

Comey himself eventually told me the answer, years after he left the Justice Department for the private sector.

Seated in his office in Bethesda, Maryland, at Lockheed Martin, his lanky 6-foot-8-inch frame draped over a chair, Comey told me he’d enlisted Mueller’s help because of his reputation for integrity and also because of the political power and righteousness inherent in the nonpartisan position Mueller held. “I knew that no one cared about losing a deputy attorney general,” he said, “but no president could weather losing an FBI director.”

It’s a phrase, ordinary and self-explanatory at the time, that’s been rattling around in my mind with a renewed urgency over the past week, as Washington has watched the testimony of Sally Yates—the acting attorney general Trump fired on January 30—and now is anticipating what seems to be Comey’s inevitable, and inevitably dramatic, appearance on Capitol Hill himself."

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Charles Pierce: In the running for BTOAT*? Or out (of clues) and loving it? Inquiring minds wanna know.

*Biggest Twit Of All Time

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Uh oh.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trouble is, you can only be a martyr if you actually die.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's right. Every Confederate statue should be destroyed and replaced with a statue of a soldier of the U.S. Colored Troops. Failing that, cities like Memphis and New Orleans should just put-up the latter statues next to the ones of the white traitors. Wonder how long they'd last before some traitor went after then.

Webster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.