1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Michael Schmidt, ex-sports reporter, is killing the political/Trump beat. Here's an interesting follow to one of his stories. (Sorry if it's a db.):
    What James Comey Told Me About Donald Trump

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

And I love this fun detail. Great imagery:

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump has come up with every potential reason/timeline for the Comey firing. I really think that he has no concept whether he is telling the truth or not.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is it hard to look at yourself in the mirror? Are you blinded by the burden of your whiteness?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'mn against treason in defense of slavery. You against that position? Or is it just more personal angst that you got called out for being morally reprehensible in an admittedly over the top way? Man, you don't have to be that angry. I'm not mad at you. I think you are contributing some good things here when you're not so mad.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm not mad at all. It just seems that who you are is a giant albatross around your neck. It must be tough.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have often wondered if he knows he's lying. I think that's because I can't imagine anyone could lie as much as he does without some kind of condition to explain it. I just don't understand being able to lie so publicly, so obviously, and to get called on it every day and just keep on doing it.

Riptide likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Prerequisite for the position these days.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, man. I am the most super entitled WASP you ever met. Been lucky all my life, too. Got paid to go to the ballgame most of my adult life. Guilt has not nothing to do with how I feel. Just want to see more people get into the party.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He has no shame. And it has served him well.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Dissecting God-Emperor Fucko in 10 seconds or less ...

“I think it's totally ridiculous -- everybody thinks so -- and again we have to get back
    to working our country properly so that we can take care of the problems that we have."

A) Everybody doesn't think so.
    2) You, Fucko, are the problems we have.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think he knows he's lying. I also think he doesn't believe he should have to countenance criticism from the peanut gallery, considering the shining American success story he fancies himself. He doesn't owe sub-Trumps who haven't walked a mile in his shoes a thing, not least of all the truth.

Donny in his element and Webster like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.